Thursday, February 28, 2008

moments

Have I ever mentioned how much I love being a mom?! I'm sure I have. If not, what better time than now. Nothing specific happened that caused me to put up this blog other than the simple fact that I just love my girls & their wonderful daddy, of course. There are some moments in a mother's very fast paced life that cause you to just take a deep breath, pause & notice all of the wonderful things around you. I'm not exactly sure what it is that causes these moments. I like to think it is God....yep, God, that's it! It is in these moments that I am able to realize all of the wonderful things I have in my life & how much I have to be grateful for.
The girls are growing wonderfully. Much too fast of course. Yet, at the same time, I am so thankful to be able to realize this & know that it is okay to just stop for a minute & LIVE in that very minute. Thankful for everything I have at this very moment! Just to sit back & watch. I love seeing them play together. Whether it is Isabella loving on Mackenzie because of the fact that she is just so overjoyed with being a big sister or Mackenzie staring in total awe at Isabella anticipating the very moment that she will be able join her running around & discovering all there is to discover in this world, or the times when Anthony comes home from work & is just completely filled with happiness to be with his girls and you can literally feel all of the love in the room. I love watching it all.
Too many times we are caught up in the rush of life & getting ready for what is going to happen next that we forget to enjoy where we are. My biggest prayer right now is to have more of these moments....moments when I am able to realize it is okay to slow down & just enjoy life & live in this very moment.
Here are a few pictures of the girls doing what they do best, loving life....and each other!:)

Some of their favorite times are the those shared with their cousins...


Daddy time;)


4 comments:

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

What beautiful girls!

James & Angela said...

You are so right about living in the moment! God has truly blessed you with a beautiful family!

The Poth's said...

You and Angela said it perfectly, I need to take a step back every now and then and do the same thing! I can't wait to meet Mackenzie - she is growing up so fast!

Karen and Jake Barton said...

I couldn't agree with you more!! You have beautiful girls and family and one thing every picture you post has in common is the love in everyone's eyes and on their faces. We are all blessed to have everything we have - wonderful families, outstanding friends and truly happy lives. Thank you Alice for making us stop and take a minute - just one minute - to appreciate all we have been blessed with. Love you all!!