Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Christmas Weekend...Girl Style

Anthony was out of town this past weekend for his annual flag football tournament. So, that left me at home with the girls all by myself. Isabella wasn't very excited at the thought of Daddy being gone for 3 days straight so, I had to put my creativity to work & think up some extra fun activities to keep us busy.
Friday night, after I put Kenzie to bed, Isabella & I stayed up watching Alvin & the Chipmunks & making the girls Gingerbread t-shirts. We had a lot of fun & I think they turned out pretty cute. Saturday we spent the day at the Christmas Stroll in downtown Georgetown. I look forward to going to this every year because my brother, sister & I were always in the parade as kids & it brings back so many memories.

Tori, Isaiah, Isabella & Mackenzie in front of the BIG tree on the square

We couldn't get Mackenzie to stay still to take a picture with Isabella, but they both did good on their own...silly girl.
We started off the day watching the parade & then went to stand in line to see Santa. This is actually the first year I have even taken Isabella to get pictures with Santa, so they got to enjoy their first experience together. Mackenzie was okay once we got her distracted with a Christmas ornament.
But, once she realized who was holding her, she wanted down immediately.
Cassie took Claire in afterwards & told her they were going to see Papa. Why didn't I think of that!?! She did so good!
Isabella's favorite part was of course the jumpy. They had an entire area full of activities for the kids which was completely free. Very cool!
One of my favorite parts was the little town of Bethlehem. They had a really sweet little skit with the story of Jesus' birth. All the kids squatted down to watch right in the front. After all, Jesus is the reason for the season!
After the stroll, we went to the store to pick out a Gingerbread House for the girls to decorate. We ended up saving that for Sunday since we were all worn out after our day full of walking around. The best part was getting all prepared for it & seeing how excited both of the girls were.

Ready to begin

Oops...we almost forgot to wash our hands. Isabella being the big helper, as usual.

Beating the gingerbread kit like a drum...very excited!

Isabella working on her masterpiece

Proud of the finished product

So, that ended the festivities of our Christmas weekend. Although, I have to say, their favorite part was seeing Daddy walk in the door after a long weekend away.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks like so much fun! The gingerbread men shirts are super cute. I am impressed!