Saturday, April 09, 2011

a little pregnancy update

Things are moving along quite nicely with our little one. I hit my 29 week mark yesterday. Baby & mommy have both been doing wonderfully. There are a lot of changes going on at home right now. We are in the process of moving (more on that topic later), so as you can imagine things are a bit chaotic at the moment, causing more exhaustion than I am use to at this point of the game. Anthony & I found out at my 20 week appointment that I have a condition called placenta previa. As far as the effect it has on myself & the baby during pregnancy, it is really minimal. I just have to be sure to take it extra easy and not overexert myself for any reason and hopefully that will help me avoid any bed rest as the due date gets closer. The real factor comes in for delivery. If the placenta doesn't move before my 36 week appointment I will be scheduled for a c-section at 37 weeks. One exciting part is that we get to see the baby at every appointment (because I am required to have an ultrasound for monitoring the placenta & the baby.) We just have to be extra careful not to see the sex of the baby any time... no, we still aren't finding out for this one. My next appointment is this coming Tuesday. We will continue to keep everyone posted as things draw closer to our due date and we find out more information. Thank you so much for all your prayers. We are putting everything in God's hands & have faith that both the baby & myself will be happy & healthy after delivery! :)

No comments: