Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The grass is greener on the other side...

For the past few weeks our doggie neighbor, Birdie, & Ruby have been trying to get to each other by digging a hole under the joining fence of our yards. The neighbor even put cinder blocks in the holes they've created to try to get them to stop. Well, apparently that didn't work because Birdie made her way into our yard on Friday afternoon.

When we got home from the store I had let Ruby out to do her business & noticed she was taking a bit longer than usual. So, I went to check on her & this is what I found...


This was truly a team effort as you can see Ruby trying to pull her through. Birdie even lost her collar in the process.

They were so excited to get to play with each other without a fence in between them.

I was so impressed that they both sat for me the first time I asked. I guess they really wore each other out.

Then Isabella wanted to show me that she knew how to sit too & she was so proud of herself.

*Note: No doggies were injured during the process of their silliness.

4 comments:

Karen and Jake Barton said...

Those pictures are so cute!! Ranger knows what it's like to have a neighbor pal. In our old house he and the bassett hound that lived behind us dug up a similar hole....luckily we stopped it up with bricks before either one got through!! :0)

The Poth's said...

Man I love dogs! We too have that problem with Ginobili, but our neighbor dog was taken to a new home (we think her parents might have separated :o( yikes! Anyways...dogs make the world a happy place! Good dog Ruby!

Allison said...

That is hilarious...especially Ruby trying to pull Birdie under the fence. That is good stuff!

Matt said...

That is teamwork!! HILARIOUS! Dogs make me laugh.