Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Good News/Bad News

I really need to try to get to the point from not having to preface each of my posts with how busy we have been and how I wish I had time to blog more often. I think it is obvious life can be a bit hectic with 3 little ones and running our own business from our home. Still, for some reason it seems to be the trend. Maybe 2011 will be the year of getting back on track.... we'll see! :)
So much has happened since I've posted last. The kids have all grown quite a bit. Isabella and Mackenzie are both attending the Montessori school where I teach (and the same one I went to growing up.) Which I completely LOVE and am so grateful for. They have already learned so much in just the first half of this year. Isabella is already writing in cursive (yes... cursive at 4 years old!) and coming home speaking more Spanish than even Anthony can understand.;) Mackenzie is such a hard worker in her class and has become so independent she hardly lets us help her with anything anymore. They are both such great helpers to both me & Anthony at home and love to do anything to help out with their little brother. Who, by the way, is not so little anymore. He seems to grow a little more every night.... we think he may pass Mackenzie here pretty soon. So... on to the other news....

the "good"
I wouldn't just say good... more like GREAT! Many of you have probably been wondering when this announcement would come. That's right! We are expecting... again! My due date is June 24th (my sister, Amy's, birthday!) This makes me 15 weeks on Friday. I'm already showing quite a bit... the baby bump seems to come a little faster with each pregnancy. So, I'll have to post a picture soon. We are so excited to be expecting another little blessing. The girls are very anxious to have a new baby in the house. They want to know if it can come home now! I told them God doesn't work that fast, but the baby will definitely be here before we know it!

the "bad"
So, at my ob appointment a couple of weeks ago, when my doctor was doing all the regular check-up stuff, she found a rather large lump in my throat. She said that I had an enlarged thyroid and she'd like me to have it checked right away. So, I immediately set up an appointment for an ultrasound to get it all checked out. The radiologist found a pretty good sized nodule, 3.5 by 1.8 cm. So, I head back tomorrow to have a biopsy done. It all sounds pretty scary, and to be honest I was a bit scared at the initial news. But, the good part of it is that even in the worst case scenario... if it did happen to be cancer, it is something that is very easily treated. What a relief! So, my reason for even posting this is to know I have a support system praying for me in addition to my family. Thank you all so much in advance. I have complete faith that everything will turn out just fine.

Hopefully our next post will simply be the good news!:) I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas time with your families. Love & Hugs to you all!

p.s. We're a little late on getting our Christmas cards out.... surprise-surprise! So, I'll give everyone a little preview of some of the pics we took for them... none of which actually made it onto the final card. Ha!




3 comments:

Karen and Jake Barton said...

Welcome back Guajardos!! The Bartons were no better with the blogs last year either, so maybe we'll both work on it this year!! Should be easy with new babies on the way right?
Hope the news from the biopsy is good and we're sending prayers your way to make sure!!

Emily said...

I am glad that you let us know...prayers will be on the way. Please keep us posted. So so so excited about your baby news. :) Can't wait to get your Christmas card so I can add it to my fridge!

The Poth's said...

Yea! So happy for you and your family - your kids are ADORABLE! I wish I could see them in person, maybe soon! I am sorry about your thyroid, I have had two nodules/cyst removed, so I know what your going thru. I will keep you in my prayers and hope it's just something they can take care of easily. Miss you guys!