Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving Day!

We were so excited to get to have Thanksgiving at our house this year. Every year we have to split up the day, half with the Guajardo family & half with the Kemper family. Luckily this year, we got best of both worlds. A full day with everyone at our house!:) This year we our most thankful for our two beautiful daughters & all of our wonderful family. We are so blessed!

Todd & Pene with the girls....I think she's ready;)

Kenzie Girl

Daddy & Bella being silly

Mommy & the girls

Once again...being smothered in kisses!

Amar & Bella, so cute!

*** I forgot about the funniest part of our Thanksgiving until I got Kristi's comment. We were so excited about having Thanksgiving at our place although (I must admit) a little nervous that we were in charge of the turkey this year, it being the most important part of the meal and all. No worries, I had been watching Food Network for the past 2 weeks & saving all turkey related shows to our DVR in case of any catastrophes. And, of course, we always had our parents to call in case there were any last minute questions. So, I woke up early Thursday morning to clean & prep the bird. It was going so smoothly. I set it on our nice roasting rack & pan that we got as a wedding present & had yet to use. I must admit, it looked pretty good with all the butter & spices. I was so proud of myself for getting it all ready just in time to go into the oven by 8:30 for our noon lunch. To my surprise, I open the oven to stick in the turkey.....& it doesn't fit!!!!! All my worry over fixing the turkey just right & not buying a bird that was too big for our tiny oven did I ever think of checking the pan to see if it would fit. Thank God for my parents. Dad came to the rescue & got the turkey to take over to their house. I guess next year we will have to either get a smaller pan or a bigger oven.:)

3 comments:

Karen and Jake Barton said...

Don't you just love having the family come to your house!! The kiddos look so cute!!

The Poth's said...

How fun! Did you cook for everyone? I am glad you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving! Miss you all!

Allison said...

That's a funny turkey story =)