Monday, June 01, 2009

the much anticipated 40 WEEK!!!!!!!! update


Still no baby yet! I guess this little one is deciding to follow after big sister, Mackenzie, & hang around a bit longer than expected. How is it that the more kids I have the longer I stay pregnant each time? I thought they were supposed to come sooner every time. Oh well! I think in my case they don't come sooner, just faster.
I asked for this baby to be patient for me to make it to at least my due date & now I suppose it's the baby's turn to ask for my patience. I had my appointment today & am still only 2cm. There hasn't been any change from last week. My doctor doesn't want me to go past 41 weeks though, so we have set an induction date for next Monday, the 8th at 5am. That is of course, if the baby doesn't decide to come before then. I love my doctor & she is great enough to follow my wishes of trying to go into labor on my own, but there does come a point where one does need to see an end in sight. I think I'm there.
I also asked Dr. Irvin today what she thought of the baby's weight at this point since that seems to be a question I get asked quite a bit lately. She really doesn't think the baby will be too much bigger than either of the girls. Isabella was 7lbs.8oz & Mackenzie was 8lbs. even. So, I think we'll stay pretty close to that. Only time will tell.
It is very exciting to know that we will definitely have a new little bundle by this time next week, if not sooner. I am looking forward to seeing the girls' reaction to their new sibling. It's amazing how much they already love the baby without even meeting him/her yet. I think Isabella may be more anxious than any of us. (By the way, she changed her vote today to a girl.... for the entire 9 months I've been pregnant she has said we're having a boy to anyone that has asked her... or me, for that matter & then all of a sudden when Dr. Irvin asked her today, she said "girl." Anthony & I both looked at each other shocked. I'll have to check with her tomorrow to see if she switched back or not. )
We'll be sure to post a new update on Monday unless anything happens before then. Thank you so much for keeping us in your prayers! Love & Hugs to all!

2 comments:

Karen and Jake Barton said...

I still think baby will come on Thursday!! Joshua was due on the 4th and when we scheduled to induce him on the 8th he came on the first. Since you were due on the 1st and are now scheduled to induce on the 8th, I say you'll have it the 4th! And it will be a boy!!! Man I hope I'm right! Hang in there Ali- we're all thinking of you guys :)

Melissa said...

Tomorrow is the day I am predicting SHE will come :) We will see....