Saturday, May 09, 2009

We Did It!!!

"Team Mary Alice" in front of the capitol
Today was a very successful day. We participated in the March of Dimes, March for Babies. It was a 3.2 mile walk around downtown Austin. Luckily, it didn't send me into labor. We'll see on Monday at my appointment if it did have any effect on my progression though. We were accompanied by many family members which made the day so much more enjoyable. It was rather humid out, but the clouds helped protect us from the extreme heat of the sun. Everyone had a blast & we are all already talking about the walk for next year.
Thanks so much for everyone who helped out along the way. I am very proud of the outcome we achieved. Even more so, we had a great time doing it.

Luke & Adam

Amy & Cian

Aodhan just hanging out

Claire passed out by the end of the walk

Anthony & I made shirts for our team members for the walk. We were really pleased with how they turned out. We all had "TEAM MARY ALICE" on the front & the backs said, "in memory of our very own guardian angel" with angel wings & Mary Alice's birthday below. Mine & Anthony's were a little different. We added a heart over our right shoulders saying, "I love my angel daughter" and Isabella & Mackenzie both had a heart on theirs saying, "I love my angel sister."

You won't see pictures like this much longer. This family of four will very soon be a Party of 5!!!

4 comments:

The Poth's said...

I am so glad you had a great time today! What a great cause! I love the family pic - you are looking so cute! I can't wait to meet the new little Guajardo!

Melissa said...

So proud of you and your family!! Love you guys!

Emily said...

Congrats on the walk! Looks like it was a big success...and how fun to be able to do it with your family. Y'all are so cute.

Unknown said...

alice, your family is so adorable. you are truly blessed! glad to be back in touch! :)